CO bbq safety

According to the 
27th annual Weber GrillWatchTM Survey, 75 percent of Americans will fire up the grill for a Memorial Day cookout this year. Regardless of your fuel source, be sure to follow these grill safety tips from the National Fire Protection Association:
  • Only grill outdoors—don’t move the grill into the garage or on the porch when it rains. Using a grill indoors will cause a buildup of toxic CO. 
  • Position the grill well away from the house and deck railings and out from under eaves.
  • Keep children and pets away from the grill area.
  • Keep your grill clean, removing grease buildup from the grills and the trays below.
  • Never leave a hot grill unattended.
  • Turn off the supply of gas to the grill when it’s not in use. 

And one final safety tip, learned the (almost) hard way: Be sure your home’s grill master turns the grill off before presenting his or her delicious char-grilled fare!


Carbon monoxide poisoning CAN be prevented 

  • Never use a charcoal grill or a barbecue grill in your home or garage. Using a grill indoors will cause a buildup of toxic CO.
  • Never start up or run any gasoline-powered engines (mowers, weed trimmers, snow blowers, chain saws, generators or other small motors) in enclosed spaces.
  • Never use a stove or fireplace unless it is properly installed and vented. Annually, have it inspected and have oil and gas heat and hot water systems serviced.
  • Never run your car or truck or motorcycle inside a garage that is attached to a house or in a detached garage with the garage door shut; open the door to remove CO and other toxic gases in the exhaust.


Remember the signs and symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning - headaches, dizziness, breathlessness, nausea, collapse and loss of consciousness

Call: 630-668-3466 or Request an Appointment below.