For more information, or to schedule a duct leak test, call Chappel's Today.
Why Is My Home's Second Floor Hot?
In houses with forced-air heating and cooling systems, ducts are used to distribute conditioned air throughout the house. But in typical houses, about 20% of the air that moves through the duct system is lost due to leaks, holes, and poorly connected ducts. The result is higher utility bills and difficulty keeping the house comfortable, no matter how the thermostat is set.
Some signs that your home may have leaky, poorly insulated, or inefficient ducts:
- you have high summer and winter utility bills
- you have rooms that are difficult to heat and cool
- you have stuffy rooms that never seem to feel comfortable
- your ducts are located in an attic, unfinished basement, crawlspace, or the garage
- you find tangled or kinked flexible ducts in your system